2008 Geneva Motor Show
Toyota at the Geneva Motor Show
- World premiere of Toyota’s revolutionary new iQ urban car
- European premiere of Toyota’s new small SUV, the Urban Cruiser
- Plug-in Hybrid Prototype on display
- European premiere of low-emission and lightweight Toyota 1/X Hybrid Plug-in concept
- Preview of the i-REAL, Toyota’s personal mobility concept after PM, i-unit and i-swing
Toyota unveils the new iQ at the Geneva Motor Show today, which was first shown as a concept car at last year’s Frankfurt Motor Show. The iQ, a sophisticated urban car offering ample space for 3+1 passengers, measures less than three metres in length and features six revolutionary packaging and engineering innovations to provide a new choice in Toyota’s broadening range of small cars.
Also on display at Geneva is Toyota’s new small SUV called Urban Cruiser. The version shown at Geneva is a design preview of the production model that will go into production during 2009.
In addition, Toyota is also showing its latest advances in urban environmental transport solutions: the Toyota Plug-in Hybrid Vehicle and the Toyota 1/X Plug-in Hybrid concept in combination with Flexible Fuel Vehicle (FFV) technology, with a fuel consumption projection of 2.17 l/100km; and the i-REAL personal mobility concept.