Panasonic EV Energy plans HV Battery plant in Miyagi Prefecture
KOSAI, Shizuoka Prefecture—Panasonic EV Energy Co., Ltd. (PEVE) announced today that it plans to establish a plant in Japan's Miyagi Prefecture to increase PEVE's supply of batteries for hybrid vehicles.
Details are as follows:
- Prospective location: Taiwa Ryutsu Kogyo Danchi (logistics & industrial park), Taiwa-cho, Kurokawa-gun, Miyagi Prefecture
- Start of operations: Beginning of 2010 (scheduled)
- Product lineup: Nickel-metal hydride batteries for hybrid vehicles
- Production capacity: Approx. 200,000 battery packs a year (approx. 100,000 packs a year at start-up)
- Investment: Approximately 30 billion yenThe new plant is expected to create approximately 300 jobs.