2017 Avensis DPL
2007 Toyota Avensis: abridged version
2007 Avensis offers quality driven performance
- European flagship adopts premium position
- New D-4D diesel engine joins line-up
- Further enhancements to ride and driving pleasure
- Fresh exterior and interior styling for more sporty look
The Avensis is a key model in Toyota’s European line-up. As the flagship of the range it has been a major factor in building Toyota brand awareness and its position of offering superior quality products across all market segments. Not only was Avensis styled in Europe and developed with the European market in mind; it is built in Europe too. Avensis was the first car to be only sold in Europe from its launch. Therefore, it was styled by ED² and built in TMUK
The 2007 Avensis will build on the success of the current model by offering customers greater levels of quality, performance and driving pleasure. The 2007 Avensis features a fully competitive range of diesel engines, including a new 2.0-litre D-4D 125, fresh exterior and interior design, and significant suspension and steering tuning for even better ride and handling.
The launch of the D-4D 125 diesel engine is another significant step in Toyota’s Clean Power diesel strategy for Europe. These new generation D-4D diesel engines will drive Toyota’s growth in the European market.
Key attributes of the 2007 Avensis are:Premium quality package
• Fresh interior and exterior design brings out a more sporty and dynamic character.• Enhanced instrument panel and ergonomics improve driving pleasure• Enhanced equipment levels across the range• New premium grade with D-4D 180 engine gets exclusive exterior and interior trim
Fully competitive diesel range
• New D-4D 125 joins D-4D 150 and D-4D line-up• Low weight, high power for excellent driving pleasure• Special focus on low noise, vibration and harshness• Six speed manual transmission standard (with diesel engines)
Complete petrol engine line-up
• Full range of hi-tech petrol engines (1.6, 1.8, 2.0, 2.4-litre)• VVT-i or direct injection for excellent economy and power• Optional five speed manual, four speed auto or five speed auto (with 2.4-litre)
Even greater driving pleasure
• Further tuning of suspension for ride comfort• Enhanced steering feel and response• Improved aerodynamic performance• Special focus on low road noise
Excellent safety and cost of ownership
• Five star EuroNCAP rating• Nine airbags including driver’s knee• Traction and stability control standard on most grades• Low repair and maintenance costs• Highest residual value in 4 main markets
The 2007 Avensis will go on sale across Europe in June 2006.