Another winner in the pipeline for toyota motor manufacturing poland
- Toyota Motor Manufacturing Poland (TMMP) has started production of a significantly revised version of Toyota's award-winning 3-cylinder engine for the second generation AYGO
- The new engine comes in two different versions with the Eco variety assuring a segment leading fuel economy of 3.8 l/100 km and CO2 emissions of 88 g/km
- The total investment for the new engine is 123 million Polish zlotys (around 30 million euro)
- An additional 380 employees will be hired before end October thanks to the plant's 3-shift operations
- TMMP marks the line-off ceremony by donating new AYGO to the Walbrzych infant orphanage
In the presence of Janusz Piechocinski, Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Economy, TMMP President Carl Klemm, was quoted as saying: "Our employees have delivered an outstanding job in implementing completely new lines, including a brand new camshaft line, in parallel with on-going production of the current engine. Designing and preparing the entire manufacturing process from A to Z has been a great development opportunity and of additional value to the plant's increasing self reliance."
Mr Takeshi Numa, Executive Vice President of Toyota Motor Europe, went on to emphasize the outstanding track record of TMMP as one of the most competitive unit plants of Toyota around the world. "The plant honestly serves as an inspiration in our continuous search for true competitiveness". He thanked the TMMP employees for "their dedication to deliver quality and efficiency in everything they do."
To mark today's celebrations TMMP donated a new AYGO to the local infant orphanage in Wałbrzych, that has long time been supported by volunteers from the plant.
TMMP has been producing petrol engines for AYGO ever since its premiere in 2005 as well as for the Yaris. Between 2007 and 2011 the engine has obtained the title of 'Engine of the Year' for four consecutive years. Since 17 April the new engine has been shipped to Toyota Peugeot Citroën Automobile (TPCA) in Czech Republic, the production facility of the AYGO, Citroën C1 and Peugeot 108. As of 23 July, the engine will also be installed in the Yaris model which is being produced at Toyota Motor Manufacturing France (TMMF).