Rx 400h at paris ms 2004
- The World's first performance petrol/electric hybrid SUV, car in the premium automotive segment to be on the market the first half of 2005.
- Second generation Hybrid Synergy Drive® technology achieving power and outstanding performance levels for a premium SUV.
- 3.3 litre petrol V6 combined with front and rear electric motors to give a maximum power output of 200Kw / 272bhp.
- Seamless acceleration from 0-100kph in just 7.6 seconds.
- 4-cylinder family sedan fuel consumption figures combined with an ultra-low CO2 emissions level.
- Electric 4-wheel drive transmission and seamless, continuously variable automatic transmission.
- Vehicle Dynamics Integrated Management (VDIM), the most advanced vehicle stability control system available.
THS was installed in the Toyota Prius, the world's first volume production hybrid passenger car, which went on sale in the Japanese market in December 1997. In 2000, the Prius went on sale around the world, and has since gained an enviable reputation as an highly innovative, environmentally benevolent vehicle, with cumulative worldwide sales exceeding 210,000 units.
Building on the ecology oriented THS, Toyota then focused on the concept of Hybrid Synergy Drive®, a system targeting increased power, improved efficiency and advanced energy management control for the entire vehicle.
Click the attached file to access the full document including all relevant details.