The new yaris hybrid makes its world debut at the 2012 geneva motor show
- Full hybrid technology in the European B-segment for the first time
- Combines Yaris design with hybrid cues to offer distinct and refined look
- Segment leading CO2 emissions from downsized full hybrid powertrain
- Frequent zero emissions operation underscores silent, smooth and relaxing driving
- No compromise on performance (100 DIN hp) and comfort (air-conditioning & automatic transmission)
- Clever packaging to maintain identical occupant space and luggage capacity to conventional Yaris models
- The most affordable full hybrid vehicle available in the European market
- World premiere at Geneva Motor Show 12, and on-sale shortly afterwards
It combines the ingenious packaging and urban agility of the Yaris model range with the unique driving experience and efficiency of Toyotaâ€™s full hybrid powertrain, Hybrid Synergy Drive (HSD). The new Yaris Hybrid launch marks a new, major step in the companyâ€™s full hybrid roll-out strategy to Toyota core models in Europe.
The Yaris is Toyotaâ€™s best-selling core model, with the largest â€˜Unit in Operationâ€™ fleet on European roads. Following the launch of the Auris Hybrid back in 2010, the Yaris Hybrid is Toyotaâ€™s second core model to feature Full Hybrid technology, and brings this remarkable powertrain to the biggest volume segment in Europe.
The new flagship of the Yaris model range, the Yaris Hybrid features an exclusive, aerodynamically efficient exterior design. Featuring the new design face of the Toyota brand, it combines a new, more assertive Under Priority trapezoid opening frontal design element with the Keen Look design implemented on the front lamps.
The Yaris Hybrid features the first downsizing of Toyotaâ€™s HSD powertrain. Combining a new, 1.5 litre petrol engine with a lighter, more compact electric motor, transaxle, inverter and battery pack, the new system is 20% lighter than that of an Auris Hybrid.
Thanks to the reduction in size of every key HSD component and both fuel tank and battery installed under the rear seat, the Yaris Hybrid features an identical occupant space and the same 286 litre luggage capacity to that of the conventional models.
The Yaris Hybridâ€™s highly efficient, 74 kW/100 DIN hp powertrain will offer a leading balance of performance and CO2 emissions in the B-segment, whilst allowing customers to frequently drive in modes that emit zero NOx, PM and CO2 emissions.
With air conditioning and automatic transmission installed as standard, this high level of efficiency does not mean that customers have to compromise on comfort to achieve class-leading emissions.
Combining striking design, urban agility, functionality and segment-best packaging with the innovation, efficiency and environmental credentials of Toyotaâ€™s full hybrid technology, it represents the most advanced Yaris yet by Toyota.
Developed to become the most affordable full hybrid on the market, the new Yaris Hybrid goes on sale throughout Europe after its world premiere at the Geneva Motor Show in March 2012.