Toyota Motor Europe further consolidates sales, marketing, after sales business operations for Central Europe markets
· Toyota Motor Europe will integrate all sales, marketing and after sales business from former Hungary-based Toyota Central Europe (TCE) together with its operations at Toyota Motor Poland, Toyota’s distributor for Poland
· The new TCE will be overseeing all business activities of Toyota and Lexus brands for four Central European markets: Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia
· Business reorganisation to focus mainly on creating efficiencies in shared back office operations, further enhancing front line offices for an ever-better customer experience
· This latest consolidation comes after the success of the previous TCE - initiated on 1 January 2015 to regroup activities in Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia - that has seen sales almost triple over the past six years
Brussels, 1 April, 2022 – Today, Toyota Motor Europe announces that it is integrating all sales, marketing and after sales functions of four of its Central European markets, as a next step in consolidating its operations and building on the major success in the region. Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia will more closely coordinate their Toyota and Lexus brand activities under the name of Toyota Central Europe (TCE). The new TCE will be headed by President Jacek Pawlak and based in Warsaw, Poland.
TCE will focus on bringing all common back office activities, such as IT, Human Resources and several other support functions, under one roof. Front office operations will be maintained in each of the four countries and functions reinforced, thanks to synergies in resource planning. A major step forward is the newly established shared vehicle stock process that results in both a leaner supply chain and shortened lead times. Customers in the region will also benefit from a single product line-up of Toyota and Lexus vehicles.
With this next phase in the further development of our activities in Central Europe, we’re building upon the previous successes in the region. Between 2015 and 2021, sales in Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia combined almost tripled and market share more than doubled under the former Toyota Central Europe. I would like to congratulate Jacek Pawlak and his team for these achievements, elevating the region to the top selling countries in Europe. I am confident that the new, larger Toyota Central Europe will be a successful blueprint for regional markets consolidation at TME.
Between 1 January 2015 and 31 March 2022, TCE was operating from Budapest, Hungary, managing all Toyota and Lexus business activities for Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia – whilst business activities for Poland were handled by Toyota Motor Poland. Starting 1 April, the legal entity Toyota Motor Poland with headquarters in Warsaw, Poland, becomes Toyota Central Europe. At the same time, the former Toyota Central Europe, with offices in Budapest, Hungary, will be renamed Toyota Central Europe – Hungary, similar to Toyota Central Europe – Czech and Toyota Central Europe – Slovakia.
|Toyota Central Europe on 1 April 2022
|Poland, Hungary, Czech Republic and Slovakia
Back office: shared operations amongst the 4 countries
Front office: operations maintained in each country
- Hungary/Czech Republic/Slovakia: 35,014 units
- Poland: 81,128 units
|100% Toyota Motor Europe