Toyota Startup Accelerator 2nd Edition: Open call for innovations in Mobility for All and Sustainability
- Toyota and ISDI Digital Business School have launched an open call to recruit startups innovating in the fields of Mobility for All and Sustainability
- Up to 5 startups will be selected to participate in a 6-month accelerator programme starting in October 2021
- The startups will receive funds to develop a Proof of Concept with Toyota and pitch these at a Demo Day in May 2022
Brussels, 20 July 2021 – In collaboration with ISDI Digital Business School, Toyota Motor Europe (TME) today kicks off the second edition of Toyota Startup Accelerator by launching an open call to recruit startups developing innovative solutions for Inclusive Mobility and Sustainability. A jury formed by top executives and experts from TME and ISDI Accelerator will choose up to 5 applicants, who will participate in a 6-month accelerator programme powered by ISDI Accelerator, the largest entrepreneurial and innovation ecosystem in Europe starting in October this year. The start-ups will receive funds to develop their Proof of Concept with Toyota and pitch these at a Demo Day in May 2022.
Toyota continues its partnership with ISDI from the first edition of Toyota Startup Awards, aiming to tap into European startups' potential and bring innovation into 4 specific fields:
(1) Mobility for All
- Toyota is looking for: innovative micro mobility assistance solutions that improve the lives of less abled people
- In order to: Ensure nobody is left behind in mobility solutions by providing any means of moving to anyone, anywhere
(2) Carbon Neutral Circular Economy
- Toyota is looking for: innovative solutions in the area of carbon capture and utilisation (chemicals, fuels, minerals) as well as storage techniques
- In order to: go further than zero emissions by reversing the CO2 gap and reach carbon neutral society.
(3) Circular Economy of Plastics
- Toyota is looking for: innovative solutions to repair, reuse and recycle plastic materials and components for circular business models
- In order to: Help solve societal concerns on plastic waste by promoting initiatives to reduce virgin material use and increase circular economy solutions
(4) Life Cycle Footprint Ecosystem
- Toyota is looking for: LCA (Life Cycle Assessment) tools to help product suppliers deliver accurate and up-to-date solutions for customers to become more aware of their footprint and daily product choices
- In order to: Help individuals to increase awareness of products’ climate impact throughout the life cycle and provide product suppliers with more efficient and accurate assessment tools
The winning startups will be awarded funds for further development of their projects and TME may offer the opportunity to engage in further cooperation.
Toyota Startup Accelerator fully reflects our Beyond Zero commitment to go further, creating innovations and initiatives that improve people’s movement, lives, society and the planet. And, in partnership with ISDI Accelerator we want to provide a launch pad for like-minded innovators.
We are proud to work with Toyota and be involved in the game-changing process of bringing innovation to the pursuit of mobility for anyone, anywhere and sustainable mobility ecosystems.
Toyota Motor Europe
Toyota Motor Europe NV/SA (TME) oversees the wholesale sales and marketing of Toyota and Lexus vehicles, parts and accessories, and Toyota’s European manufacturing and engineering operations. Toyota directly employs around 25,000 people in Europe and has invested over EUR 10 billion since 1990. Toyota’s operations in Europe are supported by a network of 29 National Marketing and Sales Companies across 53 countries, a total of around 3,000 sales outlets, and nine manufacturing plants. In 2020, Toyota sold 993,113 Toyota and Lexus vehicles in Europe.
Toyota believes that when people are free to move, anything is possible. In the pursuit of "Ever Better Mobility for All", Toyota aims to create more inclusive and sustainable mobility, a society in which everyone can challenge their impossible. With the aim of contributing to global environmental sustainability, Toyota has developed the Toyota Environmental Challenge 2050 to address key global environmental issues. For more information, visit www.toyota-europe.com.
ISDI Accelerator was born in 2014 with the objective of channeling the entrepreneurial interest of the ISDI (Digital Business School) students and to boost and professionalize the startup market in Europe. Their first startup acceleration programme, IMPACT, marked a milestone on the continent thanks to the collaboration between public entities, corporations, educational entities, investors and, of course, startups. Since then they have developed dozens of incubation and acceleration programmes, they have created, trained and accelerated hundreds of startups, and thousands of companies have already applied to our programmes.
All this has led ISDI Accelerator to be recognised as one of the most important accelerators in Europe. One of their programmes, IMPACT Connected Car, was named the best startup acceleration project of 2019 by the European Commission. ISDI Accelerator has been supported by its parent company ISDI, as well as hundreds of mentors, teachers and experts, best investors in Europe, its corporate and institutional partners and colleagues from other acceleration programmes.